Thursday, May 31, 2018

HOW TO RECOGNIZE YOUR TALENTS? (Part 2)



“If you recognize you talents, use them appropriately, and choose a field that uses those talents, you will rise to the top of your field” ­ ~ Dr. Ben Carson

It is not enough just to have abilities, we must learn to RECOGNIZE  them and USE them appropriately.

Whenever, I speak to young people and I mention talent and ask them questions about their talents,

Their answers will come out like this:
-         I can sing”
-         I can play football”
-         I’m good at sports
-         I can play musical instruments

They tend to think of being performers, superstar singers etc. Seldom do you hear someone say, I’m good at maths, or “am a good reader”.

No one has answered me by saying, “I can extract complex  concepts from the written page, “Or I am very good at computer science,

Yet, these abilities are talents – gifts that everyone possesses. Those talents makes each one of us unique, and they can push us to see a need and do something to fill it.

A simple method I give  for discovering your talents is answer the following questions:

1.   What have I done well so far in life?
2.  In which school subjects do I perform very well?
3.   Why did I choose those subjects?
4.    What do I like to do that has caused others to compliment me?
.    What do I do well and think of as fun although my friends see it as work or as a boring activity?

Analyze yourself and your situation and if you can’t answer the above questions yourself, you can talk to someone who understands you very well and is ready to give a sincere answer.

Meet me @ the TOP
BEN PROLIFIC ODES
Whatsapp  +2348166235519

1 comments: