Monday, September 5, 2016

ARE YOU THIS STONE HEARTED LIKE KING PHARAOH (FIR’AWN)?



I used king Pharaoh right? Yeah, I did.

We all know he was very much stone hearted that he asked for several signs before he released the Israelites.


Well, it once happened while I was in school.

One of the school rules was to put on black pair of shoes and white socks.
As you all know, during the dry season, your black shoes would have turned white before leaving school that day.

I’m sure you experience such school life?
Well, that fateful day, my shoes have changed its colour!

All hope not lost, we had these set of people who always brought their shoe polish to school just to shine their shoes after the closing time even if their house is near the school.

You would also call them ‘ologe’ right?

Yeah, that’s the perfect word.
So, I lent a polish from one of them to polish my white turned pair of shoe!
She gave it to me and went somewhere. Though, we do go home together, I had to wait till she was back.

After I finished polishing my shoes, another classmate of mine asked me to give her the polish so she could use.

I, being the ‘bobo nice’ as my principal would say, gave it to her though I told her it wasn’t mine. I gave it to another person after the first not knowing the owner was right at the door looking at me doing father Christmas with her polish.

She called me from behind that we should start going home. I collected the polish and went straight to her to return it only for me to meet the unexpected.

She told me she couldn’t collect the polish from me. I was startled so I asked her what happened but she didn’t reply me.

I looked up and down for an angel to come down and tell her to collect it from me since it’s not mine.

To cut the story short, another classmate came to ask for the matter. I narrated it to him but she didn’t accept our plea.

I was moved to tears when the guy decided to leave me to my fate.

Not long afterwards, another classmate who had experienced her unforgiving heart came to settle it.

At long last, she narrated the reason why she wouldn’t accept the shoe polish from me. I admitted my mistake anyway and pleaded.

”She is not that kind of girl”, the other girl said to her. She collected the polish though she said she would never use it again. Only God knows if she eventually threw it away.

We went home together though I kept wondering, ”how can someone be this unforgiving?” Since that day, I never crossed her path.

So great people, being stone hearted brings people farther away from you. Imagine someone telling me, since he experienced her unforgiveness, he never let anything bring them close.

Well, you should learn from this please, when you have a stone heart, you become heavy hearted thereby creating a burden to your life.

Below are tips to remove the stone heart and replace it with a foam heart:
       1.       Accept the works of nature:
Nature indeed works. We all are created differently. You should accept the fact that things are meant to happen and people are meant to behave such way. You are stone hearted, fine it is the work of nature but it can be controlled by accepting it is how you are made.
2.  Inculcate the spirit of forgiveness:
Great stuff! The spirit of forgiveness should be part of you. You should learn how to forgive people. Within the next five minutes, I do forgive and forget because I believe it is nature. Why not do the same?
If you know you can’t forgive without telling the person first, then do it. Speak gently and wisely to him/her and he/she will apologize.

3. Be open minded:
Being open minded means you being carefree and cheerful with others. Feel free to mingle with others.

It’s a free world so… leave all worries behind and share your thoughts with them. You don’t know what tomorrow will bring. The ideas you get from them today may be useful tomorrow.

4.   Learn to say and accept “sorry”:
Yeah! The five letter word can actually go a long way. It pierces the heart and shows how remorseful you are thereby making the person forgive you and you forgiving the guy who offended you. So, please, learn to say & accept the five-letter-word.

5.    Smile:
Hmm. The power of smile is immeasurable. Smiles deliver a message you wouldn’t expect to go that far to your receiver. Therefore, erase all worries and heavy heart with your smiles. The Most High indeed created different kinds of people. Therefore, great families, are you inspired? If yes, then inspire someone else through your actions today!


Written  Sulaiman Rasidat Oluwakemi
Add her on facebook with her name


0 comments:

Post a Comment